Baker Hughes Parts Finisher in ABERDEEN, United Kingdom
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Parts Finisher will assist in the manufacture of oil tool components to drawing specification or specific instructions while ensuring Safety / Housekeeping and Quality procedures are followed.
· Perform finishing operations to manufactured and assembled products of varying sizes as required. Operations would include (but are not limited too), phosphate coating, dipping, polishing, bead blasting, deburring and stamping.
· Perform all conventional coating and / or finishing operations.
· Apply identifying, serialising markings to a variety of parts
· Operate a stress relief oven and conduct hardness tests
· Assist in Scheduling work through assigned area
· Read and interpret sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, to determine dimensions and tolerances of the finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
· Displays vigilance in the safety of others
· Provide support to other team members and work colleagues in other work teams
· Upholds Housekeeping requirements, Safety Processes & Risk assessments and maintains a safe and clean environment for self and others
· Responsible for ensuring that all activities are conducted in line with all HSE requirements and procedures.
· Special projects as assigned.
· Experience of a workshop environment, with developed skills on the responsibilities of housekeeping and safety for self and others is essential
· Experience of working with materials in relation to one or more of the following would be beneficial; phosphate coating, dipping, polishing, bead blasting, deburring, stamping
· Experience gained in a Manufacturing environment would be beneficial
· Experience in the use of Manufacturing Systems would beneficial
· Skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and
· Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
· Ability to comprehend manufacturing instructions & drawings
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Understanding of the responsibilities of housekeeping and safety for
self and others.
· Demonstrable Organisational skills
· Demonstrable Communication skills
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Title: Parts Finisher
Location: GBR-Aberdeen City-ABERDEEN
Requisition ID: 1809497