Baker Hughes Technical Documentation Writer in DELFT, United States
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
Advanced software is a key to this, and BHGE is seeking a documentation writer for its JewelSuite geological modeling software family. Curious about our software? Click on the following link for an example: JSSM at https://public.bakerhughes.com/jewelsuitesubsurface/video/Jewelsuite film v7 Hq.mp4 .
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Technical Documentation Writer will be responsible for creating and maintaining support material such as online Help, manuals, training materials and more to ensure geologists, geophysicists and others working in E&P gain the most from the various software products. As a member of a small, dynamic documentation team and an integral part of the software development organization within an agile environment, he or she will make sure that instructional guides and reference manuals are clear enough for new users and detailed enough for advanced ones.
· Create and maintain manuals and online Help for various software products
· Contribute to the layout and design of these documents
· Actively engage with scrum teams and SMEs to ensure all documentation is completed on time
· Come up with new ideas and interactive and digital ways of working to enhance the User Assistance
The successful candidate will:
· Have a degree in geoscience (geology, geophysics or related) or experience as a geo-modeler
· Have proven skills in describing and explaining complex concepts and procedures
· Have excellent written/verbal communication skills, particularly in English
· Be an excellent team player
· Be able to work under pressure and meet all deadlines
· Have the ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic work environment
· Have worked on user documentation, preferably online as well as PDF
· 3 years’ experience developing technical documentation
· Experience with (geo-science) modeling tools
· Experience with various documentation tools (e.g. MadCap Flare)
· Native English
· Experience with graphics tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
· General knowledge on agile software development
Delft, The Netherlands
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Title: Technical Documentation Writer
Requisition ID: 1806916