Baker Hughes Intern - Mechanical Engineering in EDINBURGH, United Kingdom
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The successful individual will work as a team member within a multi skilled engineering function to help deliver a variety of projects on time, on budget and within expectations. The internships will be for 12 months starting in July 2018.
· Mechanical Engineering Intern
· Create detailed drawings, concept designs, schematics and design calculations
· Specify and execute tests and test plans and contribute to FMEA’s
· Technical support to Operations projects – some field work & travel expected
· Become familiar with BHGE PPS design practices including the use of Pro-Engineer 3D solid Modeler and Team Center for drawing management
· Currently studying towards a Mechanical Engineering degree or similar - preferably have completed 2 nd year
· Effective communication skills
· High attention to detail
· Ability to organise work to meet challenging deadlines
· Focused on on-time delivery, quality of service and customer needs
· Must comply with all company policies and procedures
· Professional and objective at all times
· Applicants must be able to work in the UK
Aberdeen & Edinburgh, Scotland
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Title: Intern - Mechanical Engineering
Location: GBR-Edinburgh, City of-EDINBURGH
Requisition ID: 1801475