Baker Hughes Mechanical Sustaining Design Engineer – Completions and Accessories - Houston, TX in HOUSTON, Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company is offering an opening for a Mechanical Sustaining Design Engineer – Completions and Accessories supporting Completions tools at our Navigation Blvd. facility in Houston, TX. The Sustaining Engineering group is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a fast-paced group that provides technical and manufacturing support for equipment worldwide. The position requires working closely with various internal departments and/or external customers to ensure product performance and integrity. Candidate will be required to assist with projects including: Field & Tech Support, Manufacturing & Plant support, Qualification Testing, Engineering Change Requests and Engineering Change Notices, and custom-product development.
Assists with tasks that include product design, quality assurance, materials recommendations, purchasing, assembly troubleshooting, and inventory planning.
Assist with the coordination, tracking, and reporting of group goals.
Conduct assignments involving high profile projects.
Work with product line and engineering experts to meet design verification requirements.
Can produce, check and approve manufacturing drawings and working layouts for product designs.
Work closely with multiple manufacturing plants and vendors to ensure quality products.
Check and verify assembly or component drawings to ensure they conform to BHGE standards.
Identify problems and propose solutions to various technical issues.
Advise various stakeholders on the technical issues that affect the installation of Completions products and/or services.
· Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 1 years of oilfield mechanical design engineering experience.
· Possess problem solving and project management skills.
· Proficient with 3D CAD software Solidworks.
· Must have ability to work “hands on” in a test lab facility.
· Able to work independently and on teams; sound decision making ability.
· Possess good communication skills to interact with internal/external customers and vendors.
· Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
· Should be capable of travel to remote field locations and work under less than ideal environmental conditions 10% of the time
Experience with AutoCAD and MicroStation drafting software as well as Teamcenter PLM software.
Familiarity with oil field qualification testing, in particular API 11D1, and associated equipment used in such tests.
Proficiency in Technical Writing
Prior design experience with Packer, Flow Control, and/or Sand Control equipment
Understanding of DMAIC Process and related Six Sigma principles
Houston, TX 77011
Title: Mechanical Sustaining Design Engineer – Completions and Accessories - Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 1814991