Baker Hughes Sr. Applications Engineer - Well Intervention - Houston, TX in HOUSTON, Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Sr. Applications Engineer – Well Intervention supporting the Well Intervention Product Line in Houston, TX. As a leader in the oilfield services industry, Baker Hughes offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization. Our leading technologies and our ability to apply them safely and effectively create value for our customers and our shareholders.
Ability to provide technical support for Well Intervention applications and equipment
Develop and implement documentation to lead a sustainable technical support model from a quality and reliability perspective
D rive a strategic vision to grow a product line through providing of technical support to global operations and meeting our client’s demands
Assess reliability trends and ability to solve technical problems
Understand competitive application and technical offerings.
Support all technical facets of product development (idea conception, justification, engineering, manufacturing, marketing)
Represent the organization in outside discussions and technical forums and client interactions
Help support training content and curriculum to foster PL growth
Handles special projects, as assigned
· Bachelor's Degree in engineering preferred with 5 years of experience in Completions and Well Intervention operations focused around Conventional Fishing Services.
· Ability to trouble shoot applications, processes and equipment
· Good understanding of our clients business drivers and processes
· 5 years of operations experience with Well Intervention Services.
· Advanced downhole applications knowledge of the Well Intervention tools covering Conventional Fishing, Thru-Tubing Fishing, Casing Exits, Wellbore clean-up.
· Strong business acumen to drive a strategic vision to grow a product line in a wide variety of environments and meeting our client’s demands.
· Extensive business skills necessary to maximize gross margins and improve operational efficiency.
· Ability to recognize and solve problems of complex nature.
Strong established working relationship with product line SMEs
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Proficient in computer skills (SAP, Microsoft office suite, Clarity)
· Ability to work independently within a given framework
· Excellent planning skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Self-driven and motivated with good prioritization and organization skills
10 years of Fishing related Well Intervention Experience
Field Operations experience preferred
Prior Management experience and ability to lead a team
Marketing experience is preferred but not a prerequisite
Houston, TX 77040
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Title: Sr. Applications Engineer - Well Intervention - Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 1808516