Baker Hughes Supplier Quality Engineer (Drilling Services) - Houston, TX in HOUSTON, Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Supplier Quality Engineer (Drilling Services) – in Houston, TX.
Support Supply Chain Quality:
· Perform “due diligence” Supplier audits as required per certification requirements and/or various business needs
· Evaluates and or appraises supplier's manufacturing capabilities to baseline their processes for conformance to various documented commodity checklists and or QMS special Processes
· Identify and monitor “critical to quality” parameters for top suppliers in the Approved Suppliers List
· Ensure that performance and quality of products conform to BHGE requirements
· Lead risk assessments and create product quality plans with suppliers
· Proactively lead supplier development activities
· Interface with engineering and procurement to get parts qualified in a timely manner
· Analyze and respond to Customer complaint reports, Corrective action reports, and Non- conformance reports as it pertains to supplier conditions
· Develop and proactively initiate process improvement projects with suppliers to improve quality, delivery, and reduce process variability
· Must comply with applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations
· BS degree or equivalent
· Relevant oil field experience (Drilling Services)
· Familiarity with engineering drawings, as well as manufacturing systems, with 2-5 years of experience with process improvement, quality auditing/inspection, and manufacturing supplier development
· Must be able and willing to travel to meet business needs.
· Must be proficient in use of MS Office applications
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
· Good Speaking and Writing English
· Degree in mechanical, mechatronics or electrical engineer preferred
· Preferred minimum of 2 years relevant oil field experience (Drilling Services)
· ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred
· Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt) preferred
· Certified Lead Quality Auditor preferred
· ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor
· ISO 9001:2015 / API Q1 Knowledge and application.
· Root Cause Analysis
· IPC 610/620
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Title: Supplier Quality Engineer (Drilling Services) - Houston, TX
Requisition ID: 1810851