Baker Hughes FIELD SPECIALIST GEN - ALS in TALOJA, India
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
We are looking for an FIELD SPEC GEN - ALS
· Under broad direction is responsible for all aspects of cable repair and spooling/banding. Troubleshoots unusual and recurring problems on cable strings or applications and all current published testing and repair guidelines (IEEE and API).
· Maintains adequate cable, MLE inventory with the inventory group.
· Ensures the adequate supplies to repair cable.
· Operates power (hydraulic, electric, etc.) cable spoolers. Provides technical assistance to sales, field service and occasionally engineering when called upon.
· Serves as the area “expert” on cable issues/troubleshooting.
· Oversees implementation and field evaluation of new cable products.
· Relays information from these products to the appropriate parties/groups.
· Works closely with cable engineering of problems encountered in field applications and recommending solutions when applicable.
· Assists in the planning process for cable/MLE inventory requirements for their respective area by working closely with the inventory group.
· Completes of all FS reports. Checks in and out from warehouse and maintains the inventory carried in service truck.
· Completes all weekly time sheets and monthly expense reports, abnormal job reports and other associated paperwork.
· This job may require travel and long unusual working hours at short notice.
· Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal
· Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Industry experience and product line training required.
· Expert knowledge of cable applications and troubleshooting analysis.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Demonstrates electrical, electronic or mechanical aptitude;
· Basic knowledge of standardized procedures related to equipment maintenance and Centrilift product lines.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Job: Field Operations
Title: FIELD SPECIALIST GEN - ALS
Location: Middle East-India-NAGALAND (13)-TALOJA
Requisition ID: 1808030