Baker Hughes Onshore Fluids Engineer in TANANGER, Norway
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes currently has an opportunity for an onshore Drilling Fluids Engineer, to provide Drilling Fluids solutions to their North Sea Drilling Operations teams.
The Beacon Engineer’s main responsibility will be to monitor real-time data feed of fluid properties and make recommendations for maintain/adjusting fluid properties. In the same way as the fluids specialist on the offshore rig, the Beacon engineer will have full ownership and accountability for all DCF tasks. Risk and process assurance will be monitored by this individual with the goal to have a more efficient and effective job execution. By recording and analysing data, the Beacon Engineer will be the key point in the organization towards flawless job operation.
• Monitor real-time data feed of fluid properties and make recommendations for maintain/adjusting fluid properties
• Maintain properties within agreed upon specifications
• Provide technical analysis with regard to specific product and practical recommendations for controlling fluid properties
• Verify real-time hydraulics based on MWD data
• First point of contact for TFE for all fluids related issues
• Provides ongoing support to assist operations in providing our customers the most effective, environmentally safe fluids solution available while optimizing the well-bore construction process and maximizing our customers' production and efficiency
• Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values
• Monitor and report all fluid lost or discharged
• Identify drilling problems & propose appropriate solutions
• Attend & take active role in safety & morning meetings
• Call in to all toolbox talks relating to DCF
• While tripping or out of hole monitor mud weight in pits and pit level
Experienced offshore mud engineer with deep knowledge of all aspects of DCF. Coordinator/technical experience would also be valuable with regard to understanding hydraulics and making recommendations.
• Excellent command of English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
• Excellent skills in computer and Microsoft Office software. - Fluent in professional software
• Self-starter, excellent work history
• Must be reliable, work safely, and committed to quality service
Tananger, Bergen, Norway
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Job: Field Operations
Title: Onshore Fluids Engineer
Location: Norway-Rogaland County-TANANGER
Requisition ID: 1811682